It's springtime and the best co-teachers are getting ready for a year-end evaluation of their co-teaching efforts. Use one or more of the following ideas to gather information about the strengths and needs of your program.
- Ask your students to complete a survey about their experiences with co-teaching. Use this one or design your own.
- Videotape students as they respond to one or two brief questions about their co-taught classes. (These video clips can be a powerful tool for promoting co-teaching.)
- Examine your attendance rates. With effective co-teaching, you can expect a boost in attendance rates at the secondary level.
- Do you have students who will be exiting special education or ELL services? Powerful co-teaching should improve your exit rates.
- Gather all of the co-teachers in the building to discuss what worked well and what needs to be changed for next year. Celebrate your successes while striving for even greater success next year!
For more ideas on sustaining and growing your co-teaching program, join me in Chicago in July for the National Train-the-Trainer Institute, Co-Teaching that Works!