- Create slides with four quadrants.
- Number the quadrants 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Place questions, problems or statements in three of the quadrants, leaving one blank on each slide.
- Explain to students that they will be choosing a number before viewing the slide. If they choose the empty quadrant, they get a pass or point.
- Direct students to chat in or voice their choice.
- Reveal the slide and note which students get a pass or point.
- Ask the other students to help work through the question, statement or problem of their chosen number.
The students were very engaged in this gamified review activity! I am so inspired by the creativity I see teachers using every day to help students stay engaged in the virtual environment. And the great news for me is that this activity can be used in brick and mortar settings, too!