One of my summer projects is to develop more lessons that integrate augmented reality (AR.) A few weeks back I described AR in a post about a specific app that utilizes this technology. I was so inspired by the reactions of the students, that I have been playing around with Aurasma, an app that lets you design your own AR experiences for free.
In addition to using it in classrooms, I am going to model it in my adult workshops. My first try is with a workshop handout I occasionally use to review Marzano's top instructional strategies research. I have augmented it with a video clip of Marzano explaining his big mistake. To see my AR overlay, follow these steps:
- Download the free Aurasma app onto your mobile device.
- Click the search icon.
- Enter annebeninghof's Auras and choose to follow.
- Once you are following my channel, click the frame icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Scan the above photo of the handout about Marzano.
- A purple swirl should appear to show that the image is triggering the overlay.
- View the brief video.
In the fall I will blog about many of the ideas I create this summer with Aurasma. What will you create?