To develop a matrix, follow these steps:
- List the Standards and the IEP objectives in the left columns.
- Across the top row, list the typical periods or activities of the school day.
- As a team, look at the first objective and decide which periods lend themselves to addressing the objective. Shade in these boxes
- As a team decide on the one or two periods each day when the objective will definitely be addressed, with purpose and data collection.
- In the bottom row, decide for each period how much assistance will be needed and if accommodations or modifications are indicated.